Posted by Jeanine Banks, VP & Normal Supervisor of Developer X & Head of Developer Relations
We’re thrilled to be again on the Shoreline Amphitheatre internet hosting Google I/O this week. It’s nice to attach with you all from world wide nearly and in particular person.
I/O is our love letter to you, the developer. Builders are the engine which permits the knowledge revolution. However greater than that, it’s builders who flip info and concepts into code that powers the way in which we be taught, work, talk, and play.
A number of many years in the past, constructing a digital expertise meant publishing a static web site and reaching hundreds of individuals on their desktops. As we speak, it means a lightning-fast, interactive expertise throughout browsers, desktops, telephones, tablets, digital assistants, TVs, gaming consoles, automobiles, watches, and extra. Folks anticipate new options quicker than ever — all whereas we respect and uphold the best requirements for privateness and security.
That can assist you cope with the complexity and rising expectations, we need to deliver simplicity to the challenges you face. This week at I/O, we shared the start of a long-term effort to attach our developer merchandise to work even higher collectively, and supply extra steerage and finest practices to optimize your end-to-end workflow. Listed below are only a few highlights of what we introduced within the developer keynote:
- The brand new ARCore Geospatial API, that allows you to place AR content material at real-world areas in 87 international locations with out bodily being there.
- Fashionable Android Growth for the most effective experiences on any display, together with new Jetpack Compose assist for WearOS and tablets, an improve to Android Studio with Reside Edit, and rather more.
- Chrome DevTools’ new Efficiency Insights panel and assist coming in WebAssembly for managed programming languages like Dart, Java, and Kotlin.
- Flutter 3, our open supply multi-platform UI framework, now helps six platforms for constructing lovely functions from a single code base.
- Firebase Crashlytics seamlessly built-in throughout Android Studio, Flutter, and Google Play for constant and actionable crash reporting.
- Cloud Run jobs to execute batch knowledge transformation, administrative duties or scheduled jobs, and AlloyDB for PostgreSQL, our new totally managed, relational database that’s greater than 4x quicker than normal PostgreSQL for transactional workloads.
- Thrilling analysis in AI-assisted coding and the AI for Code (AI4Code) problem on Kaggle in partnership with X, the moonshot manufacturing facility.
Watch the developer keynote or this recap video to get a fuller style of what is new this yr throughout lots of our platforms together with Android, ARCore, Chrome OS, Cloud, Flutter, Firebase, Google Play, Kaggle, Machine Studying, and Net Platform:
Whether or not you want to construct your first app, broaden what your merchandise can do, or leverage ML simply and responsibly, we hope you may be impressed by the huge area in entrance of you to make your concepts a actuality and make folks’s lives higher.