We’re completely satisfied to announce that Utilization Meter v4.6 is now Usually Accessible as of Oct 4, 2022. There are a bunch of helpful function updates and new merchandise that it is possible for you to to meter with this model. In case you are questioning why it is best to transfer to UM 4.6, then learn this weblog to grasp what the brand new updates are and the way they may also help you.
vCloud Utilization Meter is a digital equipment that’s put in on a vCenter Server occasion. vCloud Utilization Meter collects product consumption knowledge, and generates studies for merchandise which can be a part of the VMware Cloud Supplier Program.
New Collectors added:
Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-cloud
- Beforehand we supported Tanzu Kubernetes Grid for vSphere (TKGs) utilization assortment by means of vCenter Server and now we’re including the utilization assortment help to Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-Cloud (TKGm).
- The Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-cloud metering is launched by offering entry to every Administration cluster, the place the infrastructure is collected through the use of the Cluster API extensions for TKGm.
- Observe with Utilization Meter 4.6:
- TKGm deployed in vSphere v6.7 and above will probably be supported. Utilization metering is predicated on the VMs a part of the TKGm infrastructure, together with administration and workload roles.
- Solely Fundamental and Customary editions will probably be reported. Within the case the place the Superior version is chosen by the person, Customary will probably be reported.
- Utilization assortment for TKGm v1.3.0 and above is supported.
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Supervisor
- With this launch, we are actually including the aptitude for the utilization assortment from vRealize Suite Life Cycle Supervisor (VRSLCM).
- VRSLCM Collector allows the auto-discovery of vRealize Suite merchandise.
- Utilization assortment for VRSLCM v8.4.1 and above is supported.
vRealize Automation v8.x
- Utilization Meter 4.6 collects all VM workloads managed by vRA v8.x, VMC on AWS, Google Cloud VMware Engine and Azure VMware Answer in contrast to the vRA v7.x collector, it collects vRAM consumption for all VMs operating in a vCenter Server (cloud sort is vSphere).
- VMs operating within the vSphere are managed whereas VMs which can be operating in GCP, Azure and AWS are unmanaged.
- Utilization Meter 4.6:
- Mechanically discovers vRA v8.x
- Mechanically registers vRA v8.x occasion(s) managed by the VRSLCM.
- Automatically updates certificates from VRSLCM.
- Utilization assortment for vRA v8.4.1 and above is supported.
Observe: We’re including two separator collectors right here one for VRSLCM and one for vRA v8.x as a result of the license data is saved within the vRealize Suite Life Cycle Supervisor and never within the equipment anymore.
Present Collectors Enhancements:
VMware Cloud Director Availability:
- Helps newly launched by VCDA use-case for protections and migrations on devoted VMware vSphere Cloud.
- Now additionally helps the metering of vCenter to vCenter Cloud Migrations and Protections.
- VMware Cloud Director Availability v4.4 and above is supported.
VMware vCenter Server / vSphere
- We acquire extra knowledge corresponding to host server mannequin, producer, CPU mannequin and producer from vCenter. This knowledge is required to enhance the product providing.
Different Enhancements with Utilization Meter v4.6:
Improve Path to Utilization Meter v4.6
Confirm the improve path to Utilization Meter 4.6 from right here.
Help coverage modifications
For these nonetheless operating on an older model of Utilization Meter, please notice the next Help coverage modifications:
- Utilization Meter v4.5 may have Finish of Basic Help by 16th Dec 2022 and may have Finish of Technical Steering by 16th Dec 2023.
- Utilization Meter v4.4 has already reached Finish of Basic Help and may have Finish of Technical Steering by 4th Might 2023.
- Utilization Meter v4.3 may have Finish of Technical Steering by 4th Nov 2022.
- Utilization Meter v4.2 and v4.1 are now not supported for Report Technology and/or Auto-Reporting as of December 5, 2021
- Utilization Meter v3.6.1 is now not supported for Auto-Reporting as of November 5, 2021.
- Observe: When a model of the Utilization Meter reaches the Finish of Technical Steering, VUI will now not course of studies for that model of the Utilization Meter.
Different Helpful Sources
Bear in mind, to get the newest updates, test this weblog repeatedly, you can also discover us on Slack, Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn in addition to many demo movies and enablement on YouTube, particularly our Function Fridays sequence.
You possibly can obtain Utilization Meter 4.6 from right here.
Click on the under hyperlinks to entry:
Have extra questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or depart a reply.