On this weblog publish, we are going to discuss what Utilization Meter 4.6 Offline Reporting is and who it’s for.
Offline reporting is meant for companions who use Utilization Meter in knowledge facilities with no Web entry. These companions can nonetheless report their utilization knowledge every month by following the steps described on this weblog publish. Offline reporting is advisable for use solely when there is no such thing as a different manner for reporting, corresponding to utilizing a proxy server.
Moreover, offline reporting is simply relevant for the new Utilization Meter 4.6 deployment.
What’s vCloud Utilization Meter offline reporting?
Let’s first begin with what offline reporting is. Offline reporting is when Utilization Meter is configured in offline mode. On this mode, your Utilization Meter equipment collects utilization knowledge with out sending it to Cloud Associate Navigator (CPN). This reporting technique doesn’t require entry to the Web, and your utilization knowledge is saved domestically in your Utilization Meter equipment.
Who can use offline reporting?
Offline reporting with Utilization Meter 4.6 can be utilized by companions who wish to meter their utilization knowledge in knowledge facilities with no Web entry. For safety and compliance causes, these companions require that their utilization knowledge will not be robotically despatched to the cloud.
Be aware: If you happen to plan to make use of offline reporting, you might want to inform your aggregator that you’ll manually add your utilization knowledge to Cloud Associate Navigator.
Learn how to allow Offline Mode in Utilization Meter v4.6 equipment?
- Deploy the Utilization Meter 4.6 equipment by downloading it from right here.
- On the time of Utilization Meter Initialization on the Community connectivity part choose Guide Add.
- Save/Copy the Utilization Meter ID quantity to register the equipment to VMware Commerce Portal.
- Ship the Utilization Meter ID quantity to your gross sales consultant for the utilization aggregator who will generate the token.
- Get the token out of your authorised sale consultant or aggregator and paste the token within the Tokens area and full the initialization.
- After the initialization, add the supported collectors (VMware merchandise) for metering.
So mainly, the idea of the token is new in Utilization Meter 4.6 for offline reporting.
What to do with the collected utilization knowledge?
You could obtain your utilization knowledge as soon as the month completes or a number of occasions all through the month after which go to Cloud Associate Navigator and add it. Alternatively, you need to use the Utilization Meter 4.6 downloaded file, unpack the file and add scripts obtainable by means of my.vmware.com.
On the finish of the month, you’ll have your utilization knowledge populated in your month-to-month billing order in VMware Commerce Portal. Nevertheless, you continue to have the possibility to verify your utilization earlier than submitting your MBOs and manually edit them if there may be such a necessity.
Vital concerns for utilization knowledge add:
- You should totally add your utilization knowledge for the reporting month to vCloud Utilization Perception inside the first 48 hours of the next month. The reporting interval begins at 12:00 AM UTC on the primary day of the month and ends at 11:59 AM UTC on the final day of the month. Thus, you need to add all of your utilization knowledge no later than 11:59 AM UTC on the second day of the following month. After importing your utilization knowledge for the month, you may delete the uncooked knowledge you’ve got downloaded.
- If you happen to add your utilization knowledge outdoors the reporting interval, then you might want to open a service request to add your utilization knowledge.
- If you happen to attempt to add utilization knowledge that has already been uploaded to Cloud Associate Navigator, then this knowledge won’t be uploaded twice.
Different Helpful Sources:
Bear in mind, to get the newest updates, verify this weblog repeatedly, you can also discover us on Slack, Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn in addition to many demo movies and enablement on YouTube, particularly our Function Fridays sequence.
You may obtain Utilization Meter 4.6 from right here.
Click on the under hyperlinks to entry:
Have extra questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go away a reply.