In keeping with the 2021 State of Agile Report, Jira is the highest mission administration and software program improvement software for Agile groups. Over 100,000 organizations use Jira for its numerous options, however that doesn’t essentially imply that your software program improvement workforce ought to use it too. That can assist you decide if Jira is the best match on your wants, we gives you a fast rundown of the software program’s options, pricing, and strengths and weaknesses. Then, we’ll reveal a number of Jira options, so you’ve got all kinds of PM software program selections to mull over.
Jira Venture Administration Options
Why accomplish that many Agile groups use Jira for his or her software program improvement and mission administration wants? As a result of the software program provides a ton of options to spice up collaboration and productiveness amongst developer, mission managers, and stakeholders, similar to:
- Highly effective Scrum and Kanban boards for managing work
- Templates for Scrum, Kanban, monitoring, and DevOps
- Roadmaps to maintain groups in sync
- Out-of-the-box dashboards and reporting
- Permission settings
- Customized fields
- Simple automation with drag and drop
- Open DevOps
- Strong bug monitoring
- The flexibility to handle initiatives as a workforce or firm
- Workflows you possibly can customise to suit various work types
- Over 3,000 integrations with third-party apps
Jira provides 4 completely different pricing plans. There’s a Free plan for as much as 10 customers that may assist small groups plan and observe their work extra effectively. The Commonplace plan prices $7.75 per person, monthly and is geared in the direction of rising groups. Bigger organizations seeking to scale their collaborative and monitoring efforts can join the Premium plan for a median of $15.25 per person monthly. Lastly, there may be an Enterprise plan for organizations with enhanced safety, governance, and world scale wants. You will have to contact Jira for Enterprise pricing.
Jira Strengths And Weaknesses
Jira has many strengths as a mission administration software for software program builders, nevertheless it additionally has some weaknesses that will push you to look elsewhere. Right here is how the PM software program stacks up:
Jira Professionals for Software program Builders:
- Customizable workflows, filters, and boards
- Drag-and-drop automation
- A number of views
- Instantaneous perception through dashboards and experiences (burndown charts, dash experiences, cumulative movement diagrams, burnup charts, model experiences)
- Improvement-related templates offer you a fast head begin
- Strong integrations with standard apps
- Open DevOps helps groups entry their favourite instruments multi function place
- Can lead to sooner deployments and decreased cycle occasions
- Serves groups of all sizes between 1-20,000 members
- Ultimate for scaling
- Glorious safety
- All of Jira’s superior options and choices might be a downfall resulting from added complexity and a steep studying curve
- Out-of-the-box collaboration is weak with out the assistance of integrations
- Interface will not be user-friendly
- Software program could really feel clunky to make use of on a frequent foundation
- Non-developers inside a company could have a tough time utilizing Jira
- Can’t assign a number of workforce members to a process
- For those who resolve to make use of one other mission administration answer sooner or later, migrating from Jira might be tough
- Restricted free plan
- Relying on the plan, pricing might be increased than rivals
You’ll be able to study extra about Jira in our Jira Venture Administration Software program Evaluation.
Options To Jira Venture Administration
Though Jira looks like the go-to mission administration answer for Agile improvement groups and others who love its slew of options, it’s not the one software of its variety in the marketplace.
Listed here are some Jira options that will higher fit your improvement workforce’s wants and funds.
ProofHub Venture Administration
ProofHub is one other user-friendly Jira different with options preferrred for Agile groups. You need to use the software to handle initiatives of all sizes due to options like:
- A number of views (desk, Kanban, Gantt, and many others.)
- Process administration (assign duties to a number of members, deadlines, prioritization)
- Customized roles
- Customized workflows
- Collaboration through chat, discussions, electronic mail, proofing, bulletins, and @mentions
- File administration and model management
- Venture templates
- A number of calendar views
- Timesheets, workload experiences, and mission and useful resource experiences
- Exercise logs
- Integrations with standard apps like Dropbox, OneDrive, and QuickBooks
In contrast to different PM software program that expenses you per person, ProofHub provides flat pricing with no contracts. ProofHub doesn’t have a free eternally plan, nevertheless it does provide free trials. Its most cost-effective providing is the Important plan for $45 monthly when billed yearly.
Agile groups in search of a Jira different could discover Pivotal Tracker a greater match. This high Jira competitor calculates workforce velocity so you possibly can see how briskly your workforce is shifting, and it has a guided tracker software to interrupt massive initiatives into manageable duties to make sure members don’t get overwhelmed. Different Pivotal Tracker options embody:
- A shared backlog to maintain groups organized and priorities clear
- Multi-project workspaces to match initiatives side-by-side and make drag-and-drop changes through one display screen
- A My Work panel that shows all your duties, no matter what number of groups you’re employed for
- Venture overview with cumulative movement, cycle time, and burnup experiences
- GitHub integration
- Conversations, person mentions, file sharing, and notifications
- Integrations with Slack, Zendesk, and over 100 different third-party apps
Pivotal Tracker has a Free plan for as much as 5 collaborators, and its paid plans begin at $10 monthly for as much as 10 collaborators.
Binfire is all-in-one mission administration software program that makes use of AI that can assist you get rid of busy work so you possibly can concentrate on extra vital issues. Groups that work remotely can use Binfire to create a digital workplace to collaborate, deal with duties, and think about mission progress regardless of the place they’re positioned. Binfire’s options can swimsuit all kinds of groups, whether or not they undertake the Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodologies and its highlights embody:
- A user-friendly interface with a restricted want for onboarding
- An built-in Slack dialog software for collaboration
- Process administration
- Private and mission dashboards
- Venture templates
- Feedback on information and duties
- Interactive Gantt chart and whiteboard
- Integrations with Google Docs, Dropbox, Google Drive, and many others.
- Time monitoring
- Exercise stream and mission calendar
Binfire has a Free plan for small groups, and its paid plans begin at $6.50 per person, monthly when billed yearly.
Kanbanize calls itself the main Kanban platform. Agile groups can use it to ship 3 times sooner due to options like:
- Vertical and horizontal scaling
- Consumer-friendly Kanban boards with customizable work objects
- Workflow, workspace, and dependency administration
- E mail integration
- Integration with dev instruments, cloud storage, and different apps
- Venture forecasting
- Work-In-Progress limits to scale back multitasking and overload
Kanbanize provides a free trial. Its most cost-effective plan begins at $149 monthly when billed yearly.
Shortcut provides a lot of the performance Jira offers, however with a a lot less complicated and extra user-friendly interface. That’s the reason 1000’s of groups worldwide are utilizing Shortcut to speed up and enhance the effectivity of their software program improvement processes. With Shortcut, you possibly can shortly change between quarterly planning, weekly sprints, and process boards with only one click on.
Collaboration and monitoring points are a breeze, and integrations help you seamlessly extract data from Slack, GitHub, and different apps to have all the pieces in a single place. Different causes to decide on Shortcut as your Jira different embody:
- Customization and scalability
- Strong reporting through burndown charts, lead time, and cycle time experiences
- A strong API for constructing customized integrations and workflows
- Iterations and sprints (with detailed reporting for every)
- Doc collaboration
- Kanban boards, roadmaps, and milestones
Shortcut has a Free plan to assist small software program groups ship shortly. Its paid plans begin at $8.50 per person, monthly.
Venture Administration Software program and Instruments for Builders
Nonetheless not discovering an answer that matches your software program improvement workforce’s mission administration wants? We’ve a collection of different round-ups that includes standard PM instruments and software program for builders which may show you how to slim the sector down a little bit extra: